Associated Gynecology provides multiple methods of hysterectomy procedures, particularly minimally invasive surgeries that often have a client scheduled and home the same day.
Our Approach To A Hysterectomy
Our Gynecology practice houses three leading doctors in the industry with more than 80 years combined experience. Our medical and support staffs work tirelessly to offer comprehensive gynecological care for various ailments affecting women of all ages, as well as regular (or routine) examinations.
Being a state and national leader in office based surgical techniques, our doctors have mastered minimally invasive procedures that include:
- Vaginal Hysterectomy, a surgical removal of the uterus through the vagina after detaching it from the ovaries, fallopian tubes and other connective tissues and blood vessels. In many cases this is the first choice for hysterectomy procedures because it allows for a short hospital stay, faster recovery time and lower cost than an abdominal hysterectomies.
- Single incision vaginal hysterectomy, a minimally invasive procedure often used when the patient’s condition is limited to a normal sized uterus and is benign. An incision is made in the vagina and the uterus is extracted through the vagina leaving no visible scar.
- Robotic hysterectomy, a robot-assisted procedure allowing the surgeon to control an advanced surgical tool from outside the body while the surgeon watches on a 3-dimensional screen.
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy, a minimally invasive surgery using a lighted camera inside a tube (laparoscope) allowing the surgeon to remove the uterus while viewing the procedure on a video screen.
- Pelviscopy (otherwise known as operative laparoscopy), a surgery that can be used for more extensive procedures including pelvic adhesions, ovarian cysts and more. The procedure avoids an incision in the belly and uses the techniques of a laparoscopy to complete.
Hysterectomy Options at Associated Gynecology
Associated Gynecology works with its patients to ensure they understand the options available to them and how each procedure will be conducted. Our doctors value the trust of each patient, and they offer a comfortable experience with a limited recovery time.
Call or Visit Associated Gynecology today to learn about your options and which procedure may be right for you.